3.15.2009

Long Day Ahead

It is a rainy day for the second day in a row here in our hometown of Marietta, GA. and I am up way to early so I thought I would update you on our recent activities.

Yesterday, my amazing husband let me get out of the house ALL by myself for the day. I left about 10:30 and didn't wonder back home until a little after 4:00. It was nice to be able to get out and do things that I wanted to do without someone complaining about not wanting to go into another store. Before we started the Dave Ramsey program in January on days like this one I would have spent and would not have had a care in the world about it. However, since we have set up on envelope system I knew that I was limited and knew that I would be more cautious about my purchases which I was. I was out and only spent $24.00 in 6 hours. Aside from the money that I spent on my weekly grocery trip and that was nice to do that by myself also. Rounding out the day, we were able to have my mom come over and keep the girls while we went to dinner with our dear friends, Clay and Ashley. We have been friends with Clay and Ashley for a VERY long time. In fact, Jason and Clay grew up together and Clay was in our wedding. Ashley and I became friends through our husbands and I consider her a dear friend. We have many memories with these dear friends. It is so nice to be able to get together for a quiet adult dinner with them when we can. Our first borns are 4 months apart in age so we have many stories to share.

Today we have one of the longest days planned. I have been up since 3:30AM because I lost my side of the bed to Miss M. This is two nights in a row that she has come to our bed and yesterday I woke up sore and decided that I would just get up this morning. We have our usual church activities and afterwards, Jason has been asked to play at a funeral with our Creative Arts Minister and then after that we have another funeral of a mother of one of Miss K's classmates. Margie LaSalle battles breast cancer for almost 18 months and she passed away this past Thursday. I ask that you keep this family in your prayers. Margie leaves behind a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener. While we are unable to attend a 3rd funeral today, my heart is heavy for a dear sweet older lady that we went to our former church with that also passed away this past Thursday. Mrs. Betty Culpepper was loved by so many people and will be greatly missed.

We have busy week and another busy weekend coming up so I will update you when I can. I am also doing some changes around the house so be on the lookout for those. I am excited about what I am putting together and can't wait to share it with you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a hard day, and the weather just makes it even harder. While I love the thought of Heaven, funerals just are not my favorite thing. Hoping that the rest of the week contains a lot of fun and joy!

    ReplyDelete