2.19.2013

Tifton Turnaround

This past weekend....Kerigan and our family along with my mother and Jason's parents headed to Tifton Georgia for what I call the Tifton Turnaround for the 6th Grade Statewide Honor Chorus. Kerigan was chosen as one of 4 from her school to represent Lovinggood Middle. She then made up one of 400 voices from across the state.

Kerigan, my mother, and myself all went down on Friday so that Kerigan could attend clinics all day before their actual performance on Saturday afternoon. Let me just say that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do in Tifton Georgia. Their mall consists of 4 stores and my mother and I visited Walmart 4 separate times.  

However, the concert on Saturday was fantastic. 



The 400 voices were split into 2 separate choirs of 200. Kerigan's leader, Darrin Dailey, had a great time and the kids loved him. The video below is the group singing a song in Swahili. It was my favorite song so I am sharing it with you.





Then they closed out the program with all 400 voices singing "I Hear America Singing" the other director Emily Floyd led the group with this song.



We had a wonderful time but it was such a quick trip that we were glad when we came back home. The pictures are of the four wonderful young ladies that got to attend and then with their chorus director







Except to only wake up Sunday morning to our brand new furnace fan not working, so since then we have been living under blankets and with space heaters. We will be glad when that's fixed later today.

Finally, the weekend closed out with our best friend's sweet little baby girl being dedicated at the church. We were honored to be there for our friends and their family. If I had a picture on my computer you better believe she would be on here but all her sweet pictures are on my phone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment