7.13.2011

In Remembrance

Aside from my husband, I have been blessed to have 4 influencial men in my life. My dad (who passed away unexpectedly in 2005), my older brother who is my confidant and most of the time one of the best people I could ever talk too, my father in law who has taken me in just like one of his own and harasses me like one of his own, and then finally the greatest uncle that I could have ever been blessed to know.

However, hearts are heavy in my family this week as we lost that uncle on Saturday morning 7.9.11. My uncle Bill married my aunt Donna in 1968 and they had just celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary on the 28th of June. He had been sick for as long as I was alive. When he was 19 years old he lost a kidney and then in the 1970s he gradually started losing his left lung. He lived for at least 30 years with only one lung and one kidney so to say he was blessed would be an understatement.



He was a man who would take everyone under his wing and love them like they were his own. He and my aunt were unable to have children of their own. I might not have been able to see him as much as I would have liked but I knew that he loved me and would have done anything for me if he could have.  I can only imagine the welcome he received when he walked into heaven on Saturday morning.



This picture of him was taken on my wedding day. He is talking to my dad.

I was blessed to have him in my life and even though I know that I will see him again one day. My heart is saddened.  I know that he is no longer suffering. As my aunt said at the funeral home, "he now has both kidneys and both lungs." He is healthy and as a family we know that he is "fishing" with Peter & Paul. 
One of the greatest honors that my aunt gave me was to put together a celebration video of his life and I thought I would share that now.



 
Please continue to remember us in your prayers especially my sweet aunt Donna.
 
Rest in Peace Uncle Bill....until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment