1.20.2010

New Year---New You

I am bound and determined to become a new person this year. Both healthy and spiritually wise. I am doing good so far. I have lost about 10 pounds since the first of the year. I told a friend who asked me how I was doing it that I was doing the "no sweet tea diet." Being in the south, sweet tea was my "drug" of choice. I would go to either McDonalds or Chick Fil A every day and get a large sweet tea and so far this year I haven't done that. However, I am also working out and Jillian Michaels and The Shred are kicking my butt. I have muscles hurting that I didn't know could hurt. I guess the phrase No Pain No Gain is true.

Finally, to get spiritually fit....our AWESOME church is doing a awesome series written by our pastor called rooted. This is a 6 week series where you read a different Bible verse everyday and memorize one verse a week. This has been a powerful series and we are only on day 3. I have never really read my Bible daily but with this series I am more involved in the Bible and I am truly enjoying.

So with the new decade comes a new me.

Have a great day and we will talk to you soon

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO with the weight loss!! I am LOVING this series at church. I am excited that I am excited about reading my bible daily Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete