10.07.2012

The Wonders of Life


SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2012

Today has been a reminder of how precious and fragile life is. 
 
Seven years ago, we were told that we were losing our third pregnancy. I had an ultrasound that confirmed our baby no longer had a heartbeat and I had a D&C later that day to quicken a miscarriage that was going to happen eventually.  To this day, I regard that as one of the worst days of my life.  
 
I think about that baby each and every day.  I wonder what that baby would have been like.  What they would have loved, what they would have hated, what they would have looked like.  It's something I can't let myself dwell on for too long to keep from getting myself into a bad emotional place.

This afternoon,  I also found out that a girl I follow through her blog lost her husband last night in a car accident.  Julee and Matt have a little girl that will be a year old in November and I can't help but just be absolutely devastated for her.  I've never talked  to Julee but I've followed her story for years.  She is living my absolute worst nightmare right now.

The blog world is an incredible community that bands together so well in times of tragedy.  Julee and her family are covered in prayer right now...please join us in praying for her too.

All of this has just given me a wake-up call to how fragile and precious life can be.  I spent a good bit of time today thinking and watching my girls and Jason - and fought back tears the entire time.  I think the hardest part is that Julee's little girl will never know her Daddy.  I am so heartbroken for that family.
 
It isn't my place to question God's plan, but you can't help but wonder "why?" in times like this.  There is a bigger picture here that we aren't seeing, I trust that - and that's the only thing that gives us solace in times like this.  God's plan is greater than anything we could imagine.  Does it have bumps in the road? Absolutely.  But it is beautiful and perfect in the end.  That might not mean much to this family today, but it helps me during hard times.

I think we all forget how beautiful and fragile life is sometimes.  If you have a healthy, happy family today, give them a few extra hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment