12.13.2010

Christmas Open House--Come On In

This Holiday season we have been blessed beyond measure. We have healthy girls and most of the time everyone is "cold" free. So we have added some new decorations to our home and I thought I would share them with you.



This is our family tree that is in our family office. It is covered with ornaments that are sentimental to our family. I am looking forward to the fact that this color scheme is making its final appearance this year (if all goes well). The girls in fact actually did all the decorating on this year and I think they did a rather nice job.




This is the first thing you see when you walk into our home. Our living/family room. This is a large picture of this room that I am going to break down into smaller portions but I wanted to give everyone an almost full view. You can't see the decorations to the left of the fireplace.



This is my first attempt at making an expensive knock off piece of art. I took the decorations from Thrifty Decor Chick (her blog is amazing, but I digress). This is a pottery barn piece that sells for $169 and I made it for $10. Not to shabby and I love it.



This is right below the Noel art. Jesus is the reason for the season. We have two nativities. One that is ceramic of some sort and one that is little people. The little people is loved by the girls but Miss M enjoys it the most.



This is the fireplace area. We just got our stockings monogrammed for the first time with the help of Jason's cousin's wife, Kristen (they look amazing in person). This is also the first year that I have ever put pictures on my mantel and I love the way they turned out. Thanks to Craftily Ever After.



This is Jason's tree. He is a collector of Santa Clauses so this entire tree is Santa themed.



The next room is the kitchen. This is our kitchen table decorations this year. A new theme idea. I love how it all turned out and most of it was bought at the Dollar Tree (gotta love that place sometimes).



This is the first year that I have ever decorated our kitchen chairs and I love how they turned out.



This is the first year that I have ever tried this. It is intended to display all the Christmas Cards that are usually covering the back of our front door. It would appear that I attempt something new is the same year that we receive very FEW cards. Oh well, I like it and will most likely continue it for years to come.



My kitchen wall with the new pictures that will be changed out every season. I love these pictures as I try to encourage the girls to enjoy the season and remember the season.



Finally, this is MY tree. While the little girls each have a tiny tree in each of their rooms. This is the first year that I have ever had a tree. This is in our bedroom which is extremely nice considering that I usually go to bed before Jason so I usually get to enjoy my tree all to myself for a while. I got all the ornaments half off last year after Christmas. An added bonus... my littlest helper.

I have enjoyed showing you around our house and I hope you enjoyed the Christmas tour.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking me on your tour...I'm loving how you did your chairs. I’m having a Christmas Open House on the 16th…would love to have you join in!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete